We believe it is critical for our leadership to be transparent with our efforts for our church and our people on what is in the works. Take a look at what's new from February's meeting:
- Leadership will be thinking and praying over creating our own vision statement in hopes to create a vision statement that is intentional, practical, and specific to who we are as a community.
- Youth group is beginning to reconvene in person and have successfully went on their first outing of the year (while practicing safety protocols and following COVID-19 guidelines).
- Praise band is hard at work, and is shifting their focus to more worship-like songs that the congregation can feel in their spirits, until the congregation can also sing along.
- Our Missions Leader Charlie is hard at work with giving back to our community. Due to Charlie's leadership, the church plans to send food to Carpenter's Place for a breakfast or lunch each quarter.
- Leadership has decided to increase commitment to 20 children for Angel Tree this upcoming year.
- A motion was carried to start a "Missions Fund" to continue assistance for these projects.
- In-church ministry for the children is still on pause, but continues via ZOOM every Tuesday evening. The virtual ministry consists of 2 songs, bible story, and a craft or a game.
- Leadership has discussed starting a Women's Group and a Men's Group where the men and women of our church can feel supported and connected with each other, more information to follow.
And that's what's new, with our New Life Leadership.
"As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. Simon’s mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they immediately told Jesus about her. So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them." Mark 1:29-31